Need to Create a Parenting Plan?
Our Westlake Village Custody & Family Lawyer can Help
In deciding on a custody arrangement, having a parenting plan ready can make the
divorce over and done much more quickly and smoothly. As a
custody attorney in Westlake Village, I would be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss what you
envision for you, your child, and the parent-child relationship that you
wish to create in the future moving forward.
Contact a Westlake Village family law attorney now and request a free appointment.
What Is Included in a Parenting Plan?
Parenting plans allow both parents to discuss how they wish to handle responsibility
for the children, particularly child custody arrangement. The matters
discussed will include who will take care of the children on certain days,
and include decisions on schools, insurance, health benefits, and other matters.
Some items to include in a parenting plan might include:
- Where the child is expected to live
- Childcare, daycare, and babysitting
- Decisions regarding vacations and holidays
- Anticipate any changes to parenting schedules
- Decisions about traveling with the child
- Decisions about the child’s education and academics
- How the child’s belongings will be divided between the homes
- How to handle relocation and the other parent’s request to move
- How to handle visits with relatives, such as grandparents and other extended
- A plan for the child’s health care, emergency treatment, and insurance
- Any necessary accommodations for children with special needs
- How to handle future changes to the parenting plan
You should strive to make sure that your parenting plan is flexible and
accommodates each parent’s wishes. This may your best bet at reducing
any potential hiccups or conflicts later on down the line. Also, the plan
can help ensure that both parents are willing to compromise and refrain
from starting arguments in front of the children.
I Can Help Determine How Your Parental Responsibilities Should Be Handled
As always, you can ask a Westlake Village family lawyer for assistance
with creating an effective parenting plan. Because I have a keen understanding
of the laws as well as the courtroom system, I know what type of parenting
plan that judges will be more likely to approve. Remember that a judge
will always decide on what will be in the child’s best interests.
I have represented thousands of families in over 30 years.
Contact the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Graff to schedule a
free initial consultation.