Divorce does not always have to be a difficult courtroom battle. Many divorces are actually able to settle outside of court through more amicable means, such as collaborative divorce. With this approach, you and your spouse can negotiate the terms of your divorce along with the assistance of your own respective attorneys. By choosing collaborative divorce, you will have more control and, as a result, greater satisfaction with the outcome. Continue reading to learn more about the advantages of choosing collaborative divorce.
Why You Should Consider Collaborative Divorce
Although the collaborative divorce process involves attorneys, it is not a combative process like litigation. Instead, your respective attorneys will guide you while you negotiate each key issue in your divorce, such as child custody and property division.
Here are some of the advantages of choosing this collaborative divorce to dissolve your marriage:
- You and your spouse will have more control over the outcome of your divorce, which means you are more likely to be satisfied with it.
- Since collaborative divorce is less hostile than the litigation process, it allows spouses to better preserve their co-parenting relationship, creating a far less tense environment for their children.
- The litigation process is time-consuming, particularly because of the immense backlog of court cases. Collaborative divorce is more efficient since spouses are able to create their own schedule.
- Collaborative divorce is also a much more private process. The sensitive information you, your spouse, and legal counsel discuss will not become public record, which may give you some peace of mind.
- Your attorney will not attack your spouse, take advantage of any mistakes, or assist in hiding pertinent information.
In some cases, this process may also involve neutral professionals who will assist and guide you toward a mutually amicable solution.
Set Up a Free Consultation with an Experienced Family Law Attorney Today!
If you are embarking on the divorce process and looking for a way to more amicably end your marriage, reach out to the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Graff to find out more about the collaborative divorce process. With more than 35 years of experience, you can rely on our skilled attorney to guide you toward a settlement that is in your best interests.
Reach out to our law office today at (805) 633-4999 to set up a free initial case review with our compassionate attorney to learn more about the collaborative divorce process and if it is right for you.