Every marriage encounters some bumps along the road and they are not always cause for divorce. That said, if your interactions with your spouse have become overwhelmingly negative and you can rarely find anything to look forward to in your marriage, these may be signs that your marriage is headed for divorce.
Time to Call it Quits?
There are many reasons why marriages end and many signs that may indicate it is time to consider filing for divorce, but some are more common than others.
Here are some of the most common signs that your marriage may be in trouble:
- You constantly feel defensive around your spouse and on guard for an attack. Marriage may not always be sunshine and rainbows, but you should feel safe and at ease in your marriage. Defensiveness is a major red flag and it may ultimately mean the end of your relationship is near.
- You never have anything positive to say to one another. Constructive criticism can be helpful and certainly has its place, but if you can never say anything nice, a divorce may be in your future.
- You never look forward to spending time with your spouse. Everyone likes having some alone time, but if you are always looking for reasons to avoid your spouse, something is wrong.
- There is a total lack of physical intimacy. Marriage is about more than sex, but there is no denying that physical intimacy is tied to emotional intimacy and, without it, your bond as a couple may be suffering.
- You no longer want the same things out of life. Sure, everyone changes with time, but if those changes caused you to drift apart, it may feel impossible to hold your marriage together.
If you notice one or more of these signs, you may want to consult with a divorce attorney to discuss your legal options.
Reach Out to Our Knowledgeable Divorce Attorney to Set Up a Consultation Today!
No one ever gets married with the expectation that they will one day get divorced, but it still happens. With a skilled attorney on your side, however, you can navigate this process more smoothly. At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Graff, our family law attorney has more than 35 years of experience and will help you protect your interests.
Call our law office today at (805) 633-4999 to request a consultation with our attorney to discuss the details of your divorce case and how we can help.