Pre-Nuptial & Post Nuptial Agreements in Westlake Village
An Attorney can Help Create Comprehensive Nuptial Agreements
There are many preparations involved in a wedding, and one of the legal aspects includes putting together a pre-nuptial agreement. Although it may not seem like the most romantic document to draft while you're happily awaiting marriage, it may actually provide both parties with a sense of security.
Whether or not you have any active concerns about financial issues or stability, I can help you to make the process as simple as possible. Pre-nuptials are especially advisable if one or both parties have financially successful careers. As an experienced Westlake Village family lawyer at the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Graff, I am dedicated to providing my clients with sound legal advice and well-developed legal strategies.
What Is Included in a Pre-Nuptial Agreement?
A pre-nuptial agreement should have all of the necessary provisions, including:
- How to divide up property which each spouse owned previously
- How to divide property that was acquired during the marriage
- Which party (if any) will be entitled to alimony or spousal support if the marriage ends
- What will happen to the estate and assets if either spouse were to pass away
- How the attorney fees would be paid if the marriage ends or if the spouses are legally separated
If you have already gotten married and would like to put together a post-nuptial agreement, I would be happy to assist you. With my knowledge and expertise, it does not have to be a tedious process. With more than 35 years of experience, I have helped many couples put together post-nuptial agreements which are thorough and cover all the necessary bases.
I Can Review Your Options for Free: Call (805) 633-4999
If you would like to make an appointment to meet with me, a qualified Westlake divorce lawyer, and discuss your case, please give my office a call today.